The law of personality rights is a special area of civil law. Its goal is the personal protection of individuals and legal entities, namely ensuring the free effectiveness of personality and preventing that the individual’s possibilities to exercise this right is being limited. These rights shall be respected by everyone; therefore, in certain cases their violation is sanctioned by the Civil Code and the Criminal Code.
These sanctions are mixed and can be divided into so called objective and subjective penalties. The applicability of certain legal consequences depends on the type of the violated personal right and the type of the violation.
My firm deals with assignments related to all personality rights, especially the following:
● protection against defamation,
● protection against breach of integrity,
● protection against breach of the right to facial likeness and recorded voice,
● protection against the violation of personal liberty or privacy, including trespassing,
● protection against the violation of the right to protection of privacy and personal data,
● violation of discrimination.
In addition to the above, my firm regularly performs legal representation also in the course of rectification procedures.
Please be informed that pursuant to the regulation on ethical rules and requirements of the practice of attorneys issued by the Hungarian Bar Association, the cases undertook by the attorney and the clients represented by the attorney cannot be displayed on the attorney’s website.
This website is maintained by the Balsai Law Firm (registered in the Budapest Bar Association), according to the law and internal regulations which can be found on the homepage of the Hungarian Bar Association www.magyarugyvedikamara.hu together with the information on the client rights.